Leaving can be very dangerous and should be planned carefully.
It might be helpful to:
- Have a packed bag ready. Keep it in a secret but accessible place.
- Identify a neighbor you can tell about your situation. Ask them to call the police if they hear a disturbance coming from your home.
- Devise a code word you can use with your children, family, friends and neighbor when you need them to call police.
- Decide and plan where you will go if you leave home.
- If you think you are in need of a safety plan,
please call our advocate at
and ask for assistance
Copyright © 2017 - Serene Harbor